During a wedding venue tour, it’s easy to get caught up in the beauty—so much so that you forget to ask about all those pesky practical details! However, those practical details are incredibly important to planning and pulling off the day of your dreams. (Just as important as actually seeing the venue. Never book a wedding venue without scheduling a tour. Sometimes online photos can be deceiving.)
While you’re absorbing and taking in all those beautiful details on your wedding tour, make sure you ask these questions and discuss the details that can make or break your wedding day.
- Is there nearby parking? How many guests can park in the lot/structure?
- How far do my guests need to walk? Is there a shuttle?
- What is the cost? (Tip: include parking costs in communications sent to your guests prior to your wedding day.)
- Are there any hotels in the area?
- Is there a public transit stop nearby? How far?
Spaces & Staff
- How many guests can your wedding venue accommodate? (Tip: have an estimated guest count before touring venues to ensure the venues are not too big and not too small.)
- Is your venue handicap-accessible? Are there any stairs my guests need to climb?
- Is there a dressing area for me and my attendants?
- Is the dressing room secure so we can store valuable items?
- Will there be a staff member on-site during my wedding? Who can I contact if I have any questions or problems?
- Can I see the restrooms? Who is in charge of monitoring and restocking the restrooms on our wedding day?
- Is there space for my ceremony?
- If so, do my guests have to wait while the ceremony site is taken down?
- If the site is outside, what is plan B in case of bad weather?
- Have other DJs/bands played here?
- Is there anything I need to pass on to my entertainer about your system?
- Can I bring in my own caterer or do I have to choose from a list or preferred vendors?
- Who do I contact about planning details? What is the best way to contact you?
- When does the contract need to be signed?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Are there any deadlines I need to meet?
- Do you offer event planning services? Can you assist me with some or all of the planning?