The best Milwaukee wedding venues offer wow factor and check off all the boxes on your wedding venue checklist. While that sounds simple, finding the best wedding venue in Milwaukee for your big day can feel overwhelming—especially when it’s so important to find the “one!”
These wedding venue questions can help you get through the process, and help you find a wedding venue that fits off all the boxes on your wedding venue checklist: location, style, convenient parking, and any other items that are top priority.
Wedding Planning Questions
Determining what items are at the top of your checklist is step one, and can be determined by asking a few simple questions with your fiancé:
- Where do we want to get married?
- When do we want to get married? (Pro tip: use these hacks for choosing a wedding date if you don’t have a date in mind.)
- What is our wedding style (i.e. elegant, rustic, vintage, etc.)?
- Do we have any wedding vendors we want to use? (Pro tip: if you really want a vendor, look for a wedding venue with an open vendor policy that allows you to bring in vendors.)
- Do we want to plan our entire wedding or do we need help? (Pro tip: even if you want to plan the entire wedding, look for a venue with a knowledgeable staff that can answer your questions…and answers the phone.)
- How many guests do we want to invite? (Pro tip: you don’t need to have an exact number in mind, just an estimate will do.)
- What is our budget?
Once you’ve answered these questions, the fun of finding the right wedding venue can begin! When researching and contacting wedding venues, use this list of “must-ask” wedding questions to narrow down your option to the wedding venue that is the perfect setting for your big day.
Milwaukee Wedding Venue Questions
Wedding Venue Availability
- Is the wedding venue available on this day? OR Are there any open dates during this month/season? (Pro tip: If you have a tight wedding budget, ask the wedding venue about off-season dates or days of the week.)
- Does your wedding venue hold more than one event on the same date? Will our wedding be the only event at the venue?
- How many guests does your venue accommodate?
- For couples needing a ceremony site: Can your wedding venue accommodate our ceremony and reception? If so, will my guests have to wait for set-up before the reception? (Pro tips: use these tips to find the best ceremony and reception wedding venue.)
Wedding Venue Cost
- What is your venue rate? How many hours are included in that rate? Is there an overtime fee? Does that fee allow for time for set-up and take-down?
- Does your wedding venue have a curfew when our reception needs to be over?
- Do you offer wedding planning services? What is the cost of wedding planning?
- What staff and services are included in the venue rate (i.e. coat check, venue manager, etc.)?
Wedding Venue Contract Details
- Does your wedding venue have liability insurance? (Pro tip: while this question may not be the most glamorous, insurance can be important in case of an emergency.)
- What is the wedding venue cancellation policy?
- Does your wedding venue allow couples to bring in vendors? What vendors do you require us to use?
- What is the venue alcohol policy? Do I need to hire a vendor that brings in the alcohol? Are bartenders included in the venue rate?
Wedding Venue Guest Accommodations
- Is there parking at the wedding venue? Or is there parking near the venue? What is the cost of parking?
- Is there an entrance for wedding guests with mobility issues? Is the wedding venue handicap accessible?
- Are there local hotels and accommodations for my out-of-town guests? How far away are these businesses?
- When can I tour the wedding venue? (Pro tip: always request a wedding venue tour because websites may not show every area of the wedding venue.)