It’s not unusual to be so completely awestruck by a wedding venue that you completely forget to ask about the logistical details. It’s even completely understandable; after all, there are some beautiful wedding venues in Milwaukee!
Try to avoid the trap “it’s so beautiful, where do I sign?” whenever possible. Those small details can play an important role in coordinating all those other details (use this convenient wedding planning checklist), such as a volume curfew that puts a real damper on a fantastic wedding dance or a lack of parking for wedding guests. A wedding venue is the foundation of all that wedding planning; it makes sense (both for your wedding budget and wedding planning) to sweat the small details before you reserve the site for your big day.
This advice comes with a wedding tip: never reserve a wedding venue without asking the logistical details and touring the venue (and we can help!). Use this list of wedding venue questions to make sure the venue is the right one AND this link to tour a beautiful Milwaukee wedding venue as you plan your special day.
- What is the availability of the venue on this date/during this month/in this season? (If you don’t have a set date, it can be easier to find a wedding venue with available dates during your desired season or month.)
- Will there be other events at the venue during my wedding?
- How many guests does your venue accommodate? Is there space for a ceremony and reception? If so, will my guests have to wait before the reception?
- How much is your venue rate? How many hours are covered by that rate? What is the overtime fee if my wedding goes beyond that length of time?
- What services are covered by the venue rate?
- Do you offer wedding planning services?
- What staff is included in the venue rate (i.e. coat check, venue manager, etc.)?
- Does your venue carry liability insurance? (This can be important in case a guest is injured.)
- What is the wedding venue cancellation policy?
- Do I have to use a preferred vendor from a list? Do you have an open vendor policy? (The latter policy means you can bring in the vendor of your choice.)
- What is the venue alcohol policy? Do I need to hire a vendor bring it in? Are bartenders included in the venue rate?
- Where do my guests have to park? Is it close to the wedding venue?
- Is the wedding venue handicap accessible?
- Are there local accommodations for my guests (i.e. hotels, inns, etc.)? How far away are these businesses?
- When can I tour the wedding venue?