Are you thinking about proposing to your significant other in Milwaukee? Good news! Whether, you are planning an elaborate proposal or a simple, “will you marry me?” Milwaukee is full of sites perfect for your big moment.
How to Plan a Wedding Proposal in Milwaukee
Choose the right ring for the proposal
The first step in any Milwaukee wedding proposal is considering what you’re going to propose with. What is the perfect ring for the occasion? For some couples, this may involve a ring shopping trip. If you want to keep it a secret, you can always make a trip to the store alone or ask another relative for a ring that holds some meaning. If you’re an out-of-the-box couple, you may want to go another route and choose a momento that holds meaning to you as a couple.
Think about who you want there
Some couples prefer a private proposal with just the two of them. Others love to include others—sometimes friends and family, sometimes a crowd—in their proposal idea. If you’re a couple who wants to make your proposal more of the latter, start thinking—and contacting—special friends and family that would love to share in your special moment.
Pick the perfect wedding proposal site
The exact proposal can be as simple as a dropped knee or a lean-in with a “will you marry me?” or an elaborate surprise (like these great proposal ideas that you can customize). Whatever you decide, Milwaukee is full of some great backdrops for your special moment together (to capture the moment, contact a friend of professional photographer to get great shots of your proposal).
- Lakeshore State Park
- Harrington Beach State Park
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Milwaukee Public Museum
- The Domes
- Slice of Ice at Red Arrow Park
- Boerner Botanical Gardens
- The Pfister Hotel
- Oriental Theatre
- Skylight Music Theatre
- Fireside Dinner Theatre
- Henry Maier Festival Park
- Miller Park
- Fiserv Forum
- Historic Third Ward
- Pabst Mansion
- Milwaukee RiverWalk
- Any other of our great Milwaukee restaurants and breweries!
Think about the next step
If the answer to your proposal is a “yes,” enjoy the moment (and all the moments after!) When it’s time to start planning your big day, use these wedding planning days that get you on the way to making that vision of your wedding day a reality.
- Wedding Planning Discussion-always talk to your partner about what you both want from your big day. Never start planning your big day without asking these questions.
- Wedding Date-the right wedding date is incredibly obvious for some couples, but for everyone. Use these tips to choose the perfect wedding date.
- Wedding Venue-the wedding venue is one of the most important wedding planning details. Your wedding venue is, after all, backdrop for every other detail and makes a huge first impression on your guests. This guide for choosing the right wedding venue can start your search for the “one” started and lead you to the right wedding venue for your special day.