A wedding venue is one of the most significant parts, and one of the biggest decisions, of your wedding day. Your wedding venue provides the inspiration to plan the rest of your details—the cake, event décor, lighting, table coverings, wedding favors, even your dress. Think about it; you’d choose different décor for a barn wedding than for an elegant reception hall. That’s why it’s so important to ask every wedding venue you are considering these 15 questions; the answers help you choose the perfect venue for your big day, and give you a base to work off of as you set all your other wedding details in stone. A little bit of knowledge now can also save you from a big mistake later, when you didn’t know a key detail that costs you your hard-earned funds, or your wedding planning sanity.
- What dates are available during the month/season I am considering? OR Is the date I am considering available?
- What are your venue rates? What length of time does that rate cover? What is included in the rate?
- How many events are held at your venue at the same time?
- How many people can your venue accommodate? How many can be seated at dinner?
- Do you offer event/wedding planning services?
- Do you have preferred vendors I have to use? Or does your venue have an open vendor policy (which means you can bring in whatever vendors you want)?
- Can I have my wedding ceremony and reception there?
- What is your alcohol policy? Is it provided or do I have to bring it in?
- Do you offer free parking?
- Are you wheelchair accessible?
- What type of staff will be in attendance during my event? Will there be an on-site coordinator?
- Do you have liability insurance? (Covers you in case of an on-site injury.)
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Are there on-site or nearby rooms for my out-of-town guests?
- When can I see your venue in person?
If you have any other questions, or you want to see 1451 Renaissance Place, an elegant, historic reception hall in Milwaukee, contact us or ask us on our Facebook page. We have experienced staff members that can answer questions about our wedding venue and your big day. This is one time in your life when you can’t ask too many questions; you need to make a serious inquiry to ensure that you’ve selected the right wedding venue for your once-in-a-lifetime day.