Whether you’ve been planning your wedding day since you were five, or have a low-key approach to wedding planning, you undoubtedly have some ideas about the ceremony, reception and dinner. But should you plan your wedding? Though it may seem odd to put your big day in someone else’s hands, hiring a wedding planner to manage the details does have some definite benefits. So why should you hire a wedding planner?
- Wedding planners bring expertise & experience to your wedding. Feel overwhelmed? Don’t know where to start? Or do you need help bringing your ideas to life? A wedding planner can give you ideas, get your wedding planning started and make recommendations for vendors and style based on past experience.
- Wedding planners are there through the process and on your big day. Working with a wedding planner gives you one person to contact from the beginning of your wedding planning until you’ve collapsed at the end of your wedding day (and even after).
- Your wedding planning continues even when you travel and work. If you have a busy personal and professional life, a wedding planner can continue to work on setting details and following up with vendors while you are away.
- Wedding planners can manage as many details as you need, and you can plan the rest. Hiring a wedding planner doesn’t mean you have to hand over every detail of your big day. You can still participate in the planning, and coordinate as many details of your wedding day as you want.
Located in scenic downtown Milwaukee, 1451 Renaissance Place offers on-site wedding planners, giving you the benefit of having a wedding planner that is familiar with your venue. And with 1451 Renaissance Place’s open vendor policy—allowing you to bring in any licensed caterer or vendor—your wedding can be as unique as you are with details that fit your style. If you feel you can’t bring that unique wedding to life, consider hiring a wedding planner. Contact 1451 Renaissance Place for details, and get your wedding planning process started so you can bring your special day, and unique ideas, to life.
It’s the New Year, the perfect time to start planning your dream wedding. Make your wedding planning experience enjoyable by making some New Year’s wedding planning resolutions that start your wedding planning off on the right foot, and gives you the wedding you’ve always dreamed of:
- Start your wedding planning with a discussion. Don’t dive into wedding planning without a heart-to-heart discussion with your fiancé, and if needed, your parents and in-laws. Ask what your fiance’s expectations are for the wedding, share your vision and set a budget. A short conversation starts your life together on the right foot—by discussing everything together.
- Choose a wedding venue that offers event planning. Want a stress free wedding planning experience? Do you feel too busy to plan a wedding? Choose a venue that offers on-site event planners that can transform your vision into an elegant, beautiful affair—and will be there on your big day so you have one contact throughout your wedding day.
- Keep the family wedding drama to a minimum. This is often beyond your control, but an open line of communication between your close family members can minimize the drama. If you need to, run everything you plan to say to a difficult family member by a third party so you can fine tune your message and delivery.
- Set a budget. Be realistic. Weddings are expensive, even when you tackle as many DIY projects as you can. Once you set your budget, stick to it. Yes, $50 here and $100 over there many not seem like much, but can add up as you plan.
- Get in shape. In addition to the physical benefits and great bod on your wedding day, making time for a good workout is a great stress buster. Set a workout schedule that is manageable and enjoyable. If you enjoy dancing, find a good zumba class. Do you enjoy biking? Go on a long bike ride. Don’t over do it—if you don’t set a manageable schedule, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
Don’t procrastinate. Procrastination didn’t help you in school, and it sure won’t help in wedding planning—or in keeping your New Year’s wedding planning resolutions. Choose a wedding venue early in your planning, so you can get the invitations selected, printed and sent out. Look for a venue with a great location near downtown Milwaukee with hotels nearby for your guests, and an elegant, unique setting that fits your style. Start your New Year with wedding planning resolutions that you can keep, and that gives you an enjoyable wedding planning experience and a beautiful wedding to start your new life together.