While you can’t host outside games in the midst of our Wisconsin winter, your winter wedding can be unique with its own special elegance. Once you’ve found the beautiful, elegant reception hall to anchor your winter wedding details, its time to capture the beauty of the towering Milwaukee Christmas tree, and the sparkle of a new blanket of winter snow—intermingled with your unique style as a couple. Here are five elegant details that capture the essence of our elegant Wisconsin winters, and that you as a couple can put your unique stamp on:
- Brides, think wraps. Just because you’re having a winter during the coldest part of the year doesn’t mean you have to say no to that strapless dress. Find a unique winter wrap that keeps you warm and makes you look special.
- Don’t be afraid of outdoor photos. Pick a venue where you take advantage of winter when capturing shots of your special day. You don’t have to be outside for very long to get the ideal winter shots—plan ahead and talk to your photographer for ideas. Then head outside and get a beautiful winter shot with your wedding party unlike any other.
- Lots and lots of lights. Capture the essence of the holiday season with elegant lighting, or project snowflakes onto the ceiling. Whatever fits your wedding, make your reception glow like a meadow with a fresh layer of powder.
- Use crystals and glass to bring the sparkle of ice into your reception. Or bring ice—a special sculpture that embodies who the two of you are. Snowflakes with a soft white glitter can make your cake, cupcakes or décor a soft winter sparkle.
- Velvet brings warmth and softness to your special day. We’re not saying you need to wear velour jogging suits, but capture the warmth of velvet in your wedding décor. If you’re holding a holiday wedding, make velvet ornaments for your guests with your names and wedding date on them. Have a wedding dress made of velvet (be prepared, they’re very warm!). Use red or a dark blue velvet in your decorations (perhaps for the table cloths or for chair wraps?) to play off the white, and give your wedding a rich, soft look.
While your winter wedding may be a year(s) away, wedding planning is not something to be left to the last minute. That’s why it’s invaluable to find an elegant wedding venue with event coordinators that can assist with planning the perfect winter wedding—a wedding as elegant and beautiful as you as a couple and our beautiful Wisconsin winters.